Nickerson is an award-winning, full-service communications agency based in Boston. We offer an integrated blend of public relations, social media, digital content, creative services, and events expertise for various industries, including real estate, tech and retail.
We are looking for a graphic designer with print and web experience. This creative individual will be responsible for creating logos, brand guidelines, social media graphics, corporate folders, brochures, presentations, WordPress websites, email campaigns with Mailchimp & Constant Contact and other marketing materials.
Ideal candidates should be able to understand the difference between RGB and CMYK colors, 72 and 300dpi resolutions, brand guidelines, be passionate about typography, art, color and stay up to date with current design trends. Designers need to be highly motivated and able to quickly produce concepts and come up with new and innovative solutions without being micromanaged.
- Manage creative output from concept to production with minimal supervision
- Arrive on time / dial-in fully prepared for client calls through research (knowing background of clients and all involved parties and having notes / ideas ready in advance of the call).
- Ensure that NickersonPR and NickersonRE websites and graphic design projects are a priority and are regularly updated with new plugins and functionality.
- Hold conference calls with team members / regular check-ins to keep a tight schedule and for better communication on projects
- Determine new trends in Graphic Design and how we can expose and use the trends on projects and for Nickerson and its clients
- Enforce creative processes for organizational behavior (i.e. Creative Briefs, Print Requirement Forms and more)
- Accomplish tasks as efficiently as possible, recommending new ways of doing things for best practices so more can be accomplished in a work day
- Ensure weekly snapshot and weekly client activity reporting
- Attend Real Estate forums and AIGA events – increase market knowledge / be part of industry
- Utilize Basecamp, and/or Harvest for all projects to track progress and time
- Further develop client and vendor relationships to increase ongoing work for Nickerson
- Coordinate project photography; process and catalog for marketing use
- Source and coordinate with vendors for printing, promotions and installations
- Manage in-house print work like flyers, door signs, business cards, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields (graphic design, marketing, advertising, etc.)
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in marketing, graphic design and communications. Real estate industry knowledge a plus, not required.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver – Premiere Pro and After Effects a plus)
- Experience with WordPress required
- Experience with Mailchimp or Constant Contact required
- Experience with video editing tools a plus, but not required
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Social Media Outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.)
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills a plus
- Experience with other CMS tools (Joomla, Druplal, Wix, SquareSpace, etc.) a plus, but not required.
- Strong sense of urgency, project responsibility and initiative
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral, communication, interpersonal, and time management skills, with ability to interact at the client and senior staff level
- Strong multi-tasking skills – manage priorities, coordinate multiple/concurrent projects
- Demonstrates flexibility by adjusting readily to changing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and quality in work
- Develops efficient work methods and is detail-oriented
Compensation: Based on experience
Location: Full-time, in-house designer in our Downtown Boston office (North End)
|Job Category||Graphic & Web Design|