From Lisa Nickerson to Nickerson Companies
Nickerson is an award-winning, full-service communications agency offering an integrated blend of public relations, social media, digital content, creative services, and events expertise. Beginning with a niche in real estate, Nickerson now represents companies of all sizes, in a range of industries. As the firm continues to grow, it proves its commitment to People Relations when creating and delivering precise and effective messaging. Nickerson understands that people expect more personal relationships from brands as our world moves to connect people and business at the touch of a button. Nickerson works directly with your team to determine the best public image for your company, resulting in increased awareness of your unique talents and capabilities. Nickerson is leading the charge to develop integrated programs that touch all the people who influence the success of your business.
Nickerson is committed to helping organizations drive social change and improve the communities in which we live and work. Beyond our own backyard, Nickerson makes a difference in causes without borders. Our culture dictates and empowers all Nickerson team members to serve at least one charitable organization annually. TEAM NICKERSON was created in an effort to encourage employees and friends of the firm to actively participate in bettering the community. This has included both fundraising and partaking in various activities to raise awareness and funds for worthy organizations. TEAM NICKERSON has proudly raised thousands of dollars with their initiatives.
Social Media and Digital Content Manager
The Social Media and Digital Content Manager will work directly with Directors of PR and Client Engagement on strategies for digital/social campaigns and day-to-day activities to support current clients and build business with new clients. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing compelling social and digital content/campaigns for Clients and Nickerson Companies.
- Responsibilities include strategic campaigns including blogging, Tweeting, Facebook/Instagram/LinkedIn posts, etc., to engage with target audiences, social influencers and drive objectives
- Owning client relationships and all deliverables of assigned accounts
- Consistently monitor, listen and respond to trends and specific users/handles to help build followings for Nickerson and our Clients
- Monitor current trending topics on social media outlets and produce original content
- Engage directly with prominent social media influencers; reply to their content
- Retweet publications to add validity to Nickerson and our Clients’ content
- Post real-time tweets from the office or around the city – highlight culture
- Produce inspirational quotes with original photography
- Quantify engagement by conversion to the website and new client acquisition * Acting as mentor to junior team members and interns. Providing guidance and feedback on daily activities and overarching best practices
- Mapping out content strategy/calendar and executing on agreed upon strategy
- Elevating Nickerson PR in the digital marketplace through social engagement and content elevation including writing case studies of successful projects.
- Creating social network designs, photography and videography to post to accounts
- Collaborating with Creative team on social network designs, photography and videography
- Designing, creating and managing ads/promotions on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Meeting regularly with assigned clients to provide status of deliverables and ROI
- Creating and delivering analytics reports to clients detailing social reach and engagement on a weekly or bi-weekly basis
- Monitoring trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy
- Analyzing campaigns and translating anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising campaigns
- Attend client pitches where experience and expertise is instrumental to closing new business
- PR/Marketing/Communications/Journalism degree/background preferred
- 4-7 years proven work experience/social media success, preferably at an agency
- Experience in the commercial real estate market a plus
- Proficient and compelling writer with the ability to target content to applicable audiences
- Fantastic internal and external communication/people skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills;
- Ability to manage multiple campaigns and be responsive to daily internal and external communications
- Successful in working in a fast-moving, dynamic, and team-oriented environment
- Comfortable with excel, word, power point and CRM systems
- Confident in learning new social media platforms and software
- Possess attention to detail with accuracy and consistency
- Resourceful and proactive with the ability to troubleshoot and set priorities and re-prioritize as client and internal demands warrant
Nickerson PR is a full service agency offering a strategic blend of communication services including Public Relations, Social Media, Creative Marketing and Event Planning that deliver messages precisely matched to our clients’ specific criteria. At Nickerson PR, it’s not public relations, it’s people relations. Nickerson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages to the people who drive our business forward.
Please submit resumes and salary expectations to email address provided.
Job Type: Full-time
- Boston, MA
- Social Media Management: 3 years
- Social Media Marketing: 3 years
- Marketing: 3 years
Nickerson internships are designed for college students interested in gaining valuable agency experience in public relations, social and digital media, creative services and events. Below are some the responsibilities interns will have while at Nickerson.
Interns are an integral part of our team.
Public Relations Department Responsibilities
- Write press releases, media advisories, and calendar listings
- Develop competitive analysis
- Research editorial opportunities
- Create press reports and status reports to update clients on PR efforts
- Develop a daily media tracking such as press kits and public relations and marketing plans
- Help identify, recommend, and implement additional PR initiatives in line with clients’ business goals
Social and Digital Media Responsibilities
- Develop social content that is optimized to engage with target audiences and social influencers
- Monitor, listen and respond to trends and specific users/handles
- Collaborate with Creative team on social network designs and photography
- Design, creation and management of ads/promotions on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Create and deliver analytics reports to clients detailing social reach and engagement
- Map out content strategy/calendar and then deliver upon that strategy
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy
- Help analyze campaigns and translate qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising campaigns
Event Department Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, and execute events
- Concept/idea event generation
- Develop guest lists and distribution
- Registration and tracking RSVPs
- Develop sponsorship strategy, development, and execution
- Vendor selection and management
- Pre and post event communications
- Maintain a calendar of industry events
Graphic Design Department Responsibilities
- Creation of sales & marketing material (flyers, brochures, catalogs, direct mailers, posters, print and online advertisements)
- Training material (product launches, presentations & iBooks)
- Tradeshow material (booth design, displays & posters, handouts, coupons & give-away items)
- Packaging design (kit boxes, product slip covers, labels, catalog & product envelopes)
- Web content (landing pages, email blast design, banner ads)
- Corporate identity material (stationery, business cards, presentation templates, media kits, logo design)
- Photography (capturing daily life at NickersonPR, events)
- Website coding