Nickerson is an award-winning, full-service communications agency offering an integrated blend of public relations, social media, digital content, creative services, and events expertise. Beginning with a niche in real estate, Nickerson now represents companies of all sizes, in a range of industries. As the firm continues to grow, it proves its commitment to People Relations when creating and delivering precise and effective messaging. Nickerson understands that people expect more personal relationships from brands as our world moves to connect people and business at the touch of a button. Nickerson works directly with your team to determine the best public image for your company, resulting in increased awareness of your unique talents and capabilities. Nickerson is leading the charge to develop integrated programs that touch all the people who influence the success of your business.
Nickerson believes that embracing professional development and participation in various professional associations is invaluable to our team and our clients. Nickerson encourages all team members to join and actively participate in local, regional and national professional associations.
Nickerson is committed to helping organizations drive social change and improve the communities in which we live and work. Beyond our own backyard, Nickerson makes a difference in causes without borders. Our culture dictates and empowers all Nickerson team members to serve at least one charitable organization annually. TEAM NICKERSON was created in an effort to encourage employees and friends of the firm to actively participate in bettering the community. This has included both fundraising and partaking in various activities to raise awareness and funds for worthy organizations. TEAM NICKERSON has proudly raised thousands of dollars with their initiatives.
Nickerson internships are designed for college students interested in gaining valuable agency experience in public relations, social and digital media, creative services and events. Below are some the responsibilities interns will have while at Nickerson.
Interns are an integral part of our team.
Public Relations Department Responsibilities
- Write press releases, media advisories, and calendar listings
- Develop competitive analysis
- Research editorial opportunities
- Create press reports and status reports to update clients on PR efforts
- Develop a daily media tracking such as press kits and public relations and marketing plans
- Help identify, recommend, and implement additional PR initiatives in line with clients’ business goals
Social and Digital Media Responsibilities
- Develop social content that is optimized to engage with target audiences and social influencers
- Monitor, listen and respond to trends and specific users/handles
- Collaborate with Creative team on social network designs and photography
- Design, creation and management of ads/promotions on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Create and deliver analytics reports to clients detailing social reach and engagement
- Map out content strategy/calendar and then deliver upon that strategy
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy
- Help analyze campaigns and translate qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising campaigns
Event Department Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, and execute events
- Concept/idea event generation
- Develop guest lists and distribution
- Registration and tracking RSVPs
- Develop sponsorship strategy, development, and execution
- Vendor selection and management
- Pre and post event communications
- Maintain a calendar of industry events
Graphic Design Department Responsibilities
- Creation of sales & marketing material (flyers, brochures, catalogs, direct mailers, posters, print and online advertisements)
- Training material (product launches, presentations & iBooks)
- Tradeshow material (booth design, displays & posters, handouts, coupons & give-away items)
- Packaging design (kit boxes, product slip covers, labels, catalog & product envelopes)
- Web content (landing pages, email blast design, banner ads)
- Corporate identity material (stationery, business cards, presentation templates, media kits, logo design)
- Photography (capturing daily life at NickersonPR, events)
- Website coding